Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

in comes the Fall...

My favorite things about autumn so far...


gray days...when I feel most like myself.


pumpkin scented tea lights.


Peet's cafe au laits with gingerbread syrup.


rediscovering the psalms.


pumpkin EVERYTHING.


sister love.


watching Lu camp out on the kitchen floor with her markers.


apples in season!  my favorite fruit.


the new Blind Pilot album.


literary mags


Mary Beth Chapman's memoir, which I devoured.


other things I'm loving, not pictured...

face time with friends, new and old.

phone time with old friends

drinking hot milky English tea without sweating

taking bubble baths without sweating

the shorter days

wearing scarves again

putting our thick duvet cover back on our bed

boots!


what are some of your favorite fall things?

3 comments:

  1. oranges,purples & browns, sitting on the deck with a blanket draped over me, coffee or hot tea in the afternoon, soups, fresh crisp air, the dogs wanting to be outside more than they want to be inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boots for sure, love my cardigans and I get happy when the leaves change colors. Love, love, love the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rain, grey skies with a cool breeze, scarves that cover my face, something in the crockpot slow cooking all day, baking goodies, big blankets by a fire, sweats and a good good book with a really good cup of coffee, walks with the kids watching them crunch the leaves, and rainbows.

    ReplyDelete