Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Acceptance

is a hard thing to attain.

takes months or years of struggling to find.

is an ongoing process...just when I think I've arrived at a place of acceptance, I often find that I have to start back at the beginning and go through the grief process all over again.

is the key to living a life of peace, grace, love, and kindness.

is easier said than done.

is at the heart of embracing who I am, both the lovely and ugly parts.

is at the heart of embracing who others are, both the lovely and ugly parts.

goes hand in hand with gratitude and humility.

is mutually exclusive with denial.

comes with experience and maturity.

is often the result of running out of options, resources, and control...of beating my head against the wall so hard and long that I'm finally sick of the headache.

feels scary...until I let go and allow myself to gently settle into it.

helps me love myself, God, and others.

keeps me from comparing myself to others.

eludes me a lot of the time, but I am very thankful when I feel like I can wrap my mind and heart around it.

sometimes disguises itself as weakness, yet is a force more powerful than we often understand.

honors boundaries and limitations.

thrives in the present tense.

is super-natural.

is where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment