Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

another incredible story...

A team from our church here in California left this past Saturday for Haiti.  My dear friend Carly Peters and her husband, Sean, who is the associate pastor at our church, are a part of the missions team.  They'll be serving at an orphanage and they are keeping a blog of their experience.  If you'd like to follow along, you can read it here.


Carly is friends with a woman named Debra, who adopted a boy from Haiti a few years ago.  Debra's story is so moving, and Carly gave me the link to her blog (which I love!) back in January, when Chris and I were starting our adoption journey.  Anyhow, Debra is the one who told Carly about this particular orphanage where our church is now serving, a place called Danita's Children.  Please watch Danita's story below, it is so inspiring...




Also, you can find the Danita's Children website here.  The need is great...perhaps this is a place you might feel led to get involved.  


I hope that one day...when our lives are a little less transient and our children are a bit older...when I can get my nursing license up and running in one state again...that Chris and I can do a medical missions trip(s) to a place like this.


Just wanted to spread the word...

1 comment:

  1. OMG. TEARS. That woman is amazing. My sister Kerry is a nurse and she has been on several trips there and she has a heart for the natives, also. My best friend from growing up is working on her second adoption now and has made a few trips there, also. watching that puts things in perspective, for sure. And to think i was stressing over laundry!! that would be so cool if you could use your training someday in that capacity...

    ReplyDelete