Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

the final wrap

2011 is officially here, but 2010 is not a distant memory yet, and I wanted to post some holiday highlights of this season before they seem irrelevant...

--Yesterday Chris took Tess on an outing to the snow, just south of Tahoe. Lu and I held down the fort at home, as four hours in the car for Lu felt a bit too costly for someone who doesn't yet understand what snow is. You know your daughter is leaving on an excursion with her dad when part of her outfit consists of pajamas, she leaves the house with her hair unbrushed, she eats donuts for breakfast, cheese-puffs for snack, and chicken nuggets for lunch, and when she comes home completely shattered from all the FUN she had. They had a good time sledding and playing in the fresh powder.

--Over the past week our vacuum cleaner has proved that it is worth its weight in gold! Not only has it sucked up hundreds of pine needles from our Christmas tree...it has also taken on remnants of what Chris and I call "The Wig," which is a heinous idea by the marketers of Disney's latest movie, "Tangled." I saw the fake, blond, two-feet of hair about a month ago at Target, and even though I knew it would transform into a bird's nest within an hour of being opened, I couldn't resist. I knew Tess would love her Rapunzel hair, and her delight was worth the cost (though now I'm second-guessing myself). Large clumps of the manufactured hair are turning up everywhere...in our bed, in the bathroom, in our food, and in the deepest crevices of our home. The vacuum has taken it on fearlessly.

Here is a photo shoot of the infamous wig...





--Another gift that Tess received this year was a beautiful new Ariel-Mermaid dress, compliments of her Aunt MaryLou, which is adorned with green glitter...a lot of green glitter. This glitter has also turned up in our bed, our food, and every crevice of our house. It also seems to adhere to every surface it lands on, making clean up a bit tricky. I've officially surrendered to the green glitter, which Chris assures me is just "pixie dust," to try to defuse my frustration.

--Last but not least is the MASSIVE box of chocolates that Chris's brother, Sean, brought us on Christmas Eve...

Seriously?

Looks like we'll be well-stocked for quite a while...

And last but not least is a video that Chris put together in honor of Lulu on her first birthday...



What were some of the highlights of your holiday season? What were some of your favorite gifts this year?

5 comments:

  1. Love the wig photo shoot. haha Chris looks so fabulous! One of my favorite highlights this holiday was when we went to the nursing home to sing for the elderly and my kids impressed me with their sweetness. They said hello and Merry Christmas to each person there. It was so sweet. I want them to learn to give instead of get, get, get. I also loved the part where we were singing carols to the people and I couldn't stop laughing in the middle of half the songs because Sean was so off key and unsure of himself. He kept nudging me to keep singing and I couldn't control myself. After we were all done he told the folks our CD comes out next week. It was so bad but a really fun memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously...I didn't know they made Whitman's Samplers that big. Which is probably a good thing. (o: The wig pictures are hilarious.

    I got a Blackberry Curve for Christmas. I love my new phone. It makes me feel cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha-Lib you totally rock in the wig! I love it! So funny. Well I spent Christmas
    amid a pile of blankets doped up on cold medicine and advil. It was awesome.
    I was totally spoiled this Christmas with new cookware, new bedding, and like Jenn I am finally up with modern times with my new i-phone. I was so sick though that I'm just now beginning to enjoy it all. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I just ran through really quick looking at the pictures. All I have to say is Chris is really scaring me...well, and I also can say, "can't wait to see you both!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay so preggo or not, the pics of you and Chris in the blond wig made my bladder...well...yeah. Anyway! It was so good to see you guys and to celebrate not only Christmas Eve with you , but also that its Lucy's birthday. And we got to be there for her 1st birthday. For some reason the 1st is so emotional for me. Whether they are my kiddos or just close family or friends, its emotional. They made it a whole year unscathed!

    ReplyDelete