Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

roller-coaster

This video clip from one of my favorite movies, "Parenthood", resonates strongly with me right now.  I, too, find myself on a roller-coaster--one that is full of highs and lows, terrifying speeds, mind-bending loops, anxiety-inducing ascents to frightening new heights, following by thrilling drops that take my breath away.  The roller-coaster is scary and exciting and sometimes I want it to slow down, but it seems to just take me along with it, whether I think I'm ready for the terrain ahead or not.  So I'm trying to throw my arms up in the air and enjoy the thrilling ride...

As I watched this video clip, I found myself wondering who I am in this scene. I think I tend to be in constant flux between Gil Buckman's (Steve Martin) obsessive-compulsive, control-freak nature, and his wife Karen Buckman's more laid back, take-it-as-it comes approach. I wish I could say that I'm cool with how messy life is, but there is more Gil Buckman in me than I'd like to admit.      

Who are you in this scene? Do you like the roller-coaster or the merry-go-round better?






No comments:

Post a Comment