Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

share the love.

Since Chris and I started this adoption journey, I've done countless hours of research on the internet.  Amidst this research, I've come across tons of adoptive moms who have already traveled this road of adoption, and who have shared their own experiences via personal blogs.  These women have been a huge source of inspiration, encouragement, and hope to me, an adoption rookie.  Their stories have helped me fight through the fear of the unknown and reassured me that I'm not alone in this journey.

My blog friend Esty is about to leave for Uganda to pick up her baby girl. She leaves tomorrow! We met through a mutual friend and it's been fun to walk alongside her on this journey.

My blogger friend Colleen has two boys from Uganda.  I just "met" her the other week through a very cool set of circumstances.  I was asked to speak at our church a few weeks ago about what God is doing in my life and about this adoption process, and after the service, a lady named Yvonne came up to me and told me about two other adoptive moms, Colleen and Sonia, who used to go to our church.  Their hubbies are also in the military. Yvonne gave me the links to their blogs, and it's been encouraging to read their experiences.

I emailed with Colleen last week, and it turns out that she is dear friends with Stefanie, who is a huge source of support and inspiration in the adoption world, particularly to families who are adopting from China. Stefanie is a very well known figure amongst adoptive moms because her story is incredible and because she does a lot to advocate for orphans.  She started this website, which is an enormous resource for parents doing special needs adoptions from China. It was cool to find out that Colleen and Stefanie know each other, because I was already following Stefanie's blog before I met Colleen.  Small world. It's been incredible to see how connected this network of adoptive moms really is.

Anyhow, all of this is to say that the blogosphere has been a massive source of education, support, and encouragement to me over the past months, and I wanted to share the love by giving some support back to Stefanie, who is about to bring two gorgeous girls home from China.  Stefanie has eleven children, seven of which are from China. By clicking the link below, you can help them bring their two girls, Poppy and Esther, home.


click HERE to donate!

Plus, for any donation of $35 or more, you get an awesome T-shirt (pictured below), and for any donation of just $15, you're automatically entered into a huge give-away, where the first place prize is your choice of a MacBook or a legit Nikon D90 camera.


Thanks for reading and for supporting Chris and I in our journey so far...and if you are moved to do so, it would be awesome if you could send some support to Poppy and Esther! Every little bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment