Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

show you love.

At church this morning they played a video of different members of our congregation sharing how the Crazy Love study has impacted them.  The video was set to the song Show You Love by Jars of Clay.  I love this song, but have not heard it in years.  As I heard the lyrics again this morning, they touched something deep inside of me and I started to tear up.  All I could think of was our Ren boy, thousands of miles away, across a vast ocean, somewhere in the massive country of China that knows another language, another culture.  


But love defies language and culture and time and distance.  

God's love exceeds everything.  

And so...we haven't met you yet Warren, but we think about you every day.  We pray for you every day.    

And this is your song.

speak.
say the words that 
no one else will ever say.

love.
love like the world 
we know is over in a day.

i'm gonna show you love
in every language.

i'm gonna speak with words 
that need no form.

i'm gonna give you 
what you've never had before.

you're beautiful
and I am weakened by 
the force of your eyes.

so shine bright
to separate the 
truth from the lies.

i'm gonna show you love.




4 comments:

  1. love us some Francis Chan. Thanks, Liv. love you girl. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that made my eyes tear up, too! I've never paid much attention to the lyrics of this Jars of Clay song, and it's been a while since I've heard it.
    Isn't it amazing how much you can love someone you have never met? I hope that Ren is with you soon, very soon!
    Jenn Jeskie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious Lib, really glorious.

    We pray with you, in anticipation of meeting your sweet boy who waits for you across the sea.

    ReplyDelete